#83 – 5734 – 00001 - Stove “Master Climax” - Early 1900's old cast iron wood / coal cook stove. Unit manufactured by "Guelph Stove Co" of "Guelph, Ont." This is a very nice piece that dates back many years and truly brings back memories of our baby - boomer youth days. Unit comes as follows:
- size is 48"W x 24"deep x 62"H ( add 5" to depth measurement for smoke stack on rear
- comes with white enamel porcelain front doors and oven door along with stove back. All enamel is very very nice except for a spot on stove back about 1"x1.5"
- Stove top is exceptionally nice and clean. Has 6 burner plates - 1 has 2 parts to it and 5 are one piece plates.
- comes with lifting handle
- on right side is located a water reservoir with access lid on top of stove. Don't know if leaks as I haven't check it out.
- Oven is good and has one removable rack. Oven door works very freely with good spring load. Also has a tempurature gauge in front of door.
- On left side / top there is a small flip up door to allow small things to be thrown into burner compartment.
- Has 2 sliding air draft vents - one on the left side and the other located in the front down by ash pan
- Has sliding smoke damper control on top/rear of stove
- Inside of fire box looks good - good fire grates and good castings on side of fire box.
- Has 4" fire box extension out rear of stove allowing longer wood to be used
- Nice warming oven with nice working door that folds down
- Towel rack that is removable on front of stove
- Along bottom seam in part of the front bottom and a short piece on right bottom there is a bit of rusting through but nothing major. Wouldn't effect preformance.
- very sound and strong base
This is a great stove that is pretty sound and looks great. Just needs the nickle to be polished. Would brighten up any kitchen giving it a real Martha Stewart setting.
Unit is located in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada – 3 miles from Blaine, Wash – next to I-5 freeway. Call Al at 206-227-6673 or 604-813-5500